For 27 years, Habitat for Humanity of Gallatin Valley has built homes and fulfilled dreams in partnership with hardworking families and individuals. Through a collaborative effort, Habitat works toward increasing the affordable housing stock in our community. Homes are sold to qualifying partner families and financed with affordable loans.
Want to apply to be a Habitat for Humanity Partner Family?
Our homeownership program empowers low-income individuals and families to build and buy their own homes. We partner with our homeowners every step of the way, and provide the education and support needed to become successful homeowners.
Homeowner Selection Criteria
Our staff and Family Selection Committee select our Partner Families based on three main criteria.
- Need for Housing: Current housing is overcrowded, too expensive, unsafe, etc.
- Willingness to Partner: Families are willing to participate in a homeownership education course, a financial planning course, contribute 500 hours of "sweat equity" and attend any required events.
- Ability to Pay: Low income homeowners will pay affordable mortgage payments at an amount not to exceed 30% of their gross monthly income. An ability to pay must be verified before being selected for the program.
Review the financial and general qualifications below to understand the criteria to be eligible for our program. You must:
- Live or work in the county you are applying for at the time of application.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident.
- Have at least three years since being discharged from bankruptcy.
- Maintain a monthly gross income within our income guidelines (see chart below)
|Family Size||Madison County Income Ranges|
(income ranges updated October 2018)
How to Apply
We are currently accepting applications for Partner Families in the Ennis area for our next project. If you live in the Ennis area and would like to apply, please download the application and application checklist and send all of your documents to our office for review.
Gallatin and Park Counties
All of our partner families for current projects in Gallatin and Park Counties have already been selected . We are not currently accepting applications for these areas. Please provide your contact information below and we will notify you when the application process reopens.