We are not taking applications at this time for our Critical Repair Program.
We are working on getting funding for our next round of the Home/Critical Repair Program.
Home Repair Program Qualifications
Qualifying projects include the correction of health and safety hazards, provisions of handicap accessibility or cost-effective energy improvements.
Applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- Applicants must be owner occupants of modest single family homes in rural areas
- Applicants must own their home and live in Gallatin, Park or Eastern Madison Counties.
- If the home is a mobile home, it must be on a permanent foundation, pillars or blocks.
- Applicants must show a willingness to partner which includes filling out an application, providing any requested paperwork, attending any required meetings and completing agreed upon sweat equity hours.
- Applicants must show an ability to pay back project costs with a 0% interest grant or 1% interest loan (depending on details, like age).
- Applicants must fall within the low or very low income brackets for their county.
Habitat counts non-wage income from everyone in the household and wages from everyone 18 and older. Habitat counts all sources of income, including alimony/maintenance, child support, food stamps, pension, retirement, SSDI, SSI, survivor’s benefits, TANF, and wages, but does not count student financial aid.
If an applicant meets the financial and geographic criteria, the Project Coordinator will visit the home and complete an assessment to determine if the requested repairs qualify for the program and are feasible.
Staff of Habitat for Humanity of Gallatin Valley will then determine which applicants have the greatest need for repairs and which projects are possible. It is possible that not every applicant will be selected. Habitat for Humanity of Gallatin Valley currently is not taking applications for the Critical Repair program.
For further information about the program, please contact Executive Director, Brian Kraft at 406-388-8225 or firstname.lastname@example.org