ReStore Donation Guidelines
Donations are accepted Tuesday-Saturday, 10-3 pm.
Questions? Call the ReStore at 406-388-2851
DUE TO OVERSTOCK we may not be able to accept your donation immediately, please call before trekking to the store!
Thank you for your interest in donating materials to the Habitat ReStore! To ensure a successful donation please note:
· Business pick-ups are handled differently than non-business pick-ups. Business pick-ups please contact the store directly at 406-388-2851 and please talk to a live person as we want to take care of you right away.
· All items must be clean and in good condition. Our knowledgeable staff will have the final determination if an item is suitable for donation. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 406-388-2851.
· We require a non-refundable $25 fee to schedule a residential pick up. This fee offsets the cost of sending a truck to your location. Note: this fee does not guarantee the collection of your donation. Additionally, we will charge a $25 handling fee for each donated appliance that contains Freon, due to the EPA’s ban on the disposal and recycling of such materials. Payments must be received before a truck will dispatch to your home.
· We are currently scheduling donation pickups 1 to 2 weeks in advance.
· We don’t enter a residence. All items must be in the garage or outside covered area at ground level, and accessible to our drivers. For the safety of our drivers, we will not be able to go up or down any stairs. Our driver may have to decline/reschedule a donation that they cannot safely retrieve.
· During the winter months, we will make every effort to pick up your donation. However, due to weather, we may occasionally have to ground our trucks for the safety of our staff. We will communicate any changes in your scheduled pickup ASAP. If your pickup is canceled due to the weather, we will work to reschedule your pickup as quickly as possible.
Cooktops, Stoves, Ovens, Dishwashers, Dryers, Microwaves, Refrigerators, Washers
* Must be clean and in full working order
* If appliances are not in the best working order, kindly let us know we are happy to recycle
* Non-working and older appliances may be dropped off for recycling
Cabinets/Cabinet Door Faces/Cabinet Hardware
Sets, Singles, Vanities
* Must be complete with all doors, drawers and backs attached. No nails or screws sticking out.
* No painted cabinets
* We accept door knobs, pulls, drawer slides, hinges, shelf dividers, shelf brackets, etc.
* New/gently used, freshly laundered clothing (all sizes including baby and kids)
* Shoes (must be matched and be still have good life left in them)
* Jewelry (kindly match earrings, unknot necklaces, etc.)
* Purses and accessories welcome.
Marble, Granite, Laminates
* Only full pieces with no cut outs will be accepted
Exterior, Interior, Storm, Screen, Bifold
* Functional exterior, interior, bifold, screen and storm doors accepted
* Screen doors must have all parts attached (including frame)
* Removal of bifold hardware is a huge help to us as it reduces damage in transit.
* Complete & functioning hardware must be attached.
* No patio/sliding glass doors
* No used shower doors
* No mirrored closet doors
* Door knobs, hinges, pulls, etc. accepted (with no paint on them)
Rugs, Hardwood, Laminate, Vinyl are accepted
* Hardwood/Laminate (new, undamaged, unopened boxes, minimum 4 boxes or 300 sq ft)
* Rugs (gently used, no hair, no smells, no stains)
* No tile**
* No carpet, nor carpet pad at this time**
** Due to space restraints, we can’t accept any tile or carpeting at this time**
* Gently used, in good, resaleable condition (no rips, stains, outdated patterns, pet hair, pet damage, or in need of a cover)
* Outdoor furniture accepted (including wicker in good shape or better)
* Kitchen tables are accepted with chairs
* Filing cabinets and bookcases are accepted
* Metal bedframes accepted
* Desks can only be accepted if solid wood or metal, one piece, household size (not larger than 4’ across). No
oﬃce, L-shaped or particle board desks
* No cubicles
* No baby furniture
* No pianos or organs
* No waterbeds nor waterbed headboards
* No mattresses nor box springs
Heating and Cooling
AC, Furnaces, Hot Water Heaters, Swamp Coolers, Water Softeners, & Fans are accepted
* Must be in very good working order (if not, kindly let us know as we are happy to recycle)
* Ceiling fans and hot water heaters will be recycled unless new (in box)
* Pots, pans, cookie sheets, cutting boards, silverware, dining sets, cooking bowls, measuring spoons & cups (complete sets please), etc are all welcome
* Small appliances must be in good working order and be clean (toasters, coffee pots, etc)
* Canning Equipment is welcome including canning jars. Canning lids must be new in boxes
* Throw pillows, Afghans, and Quilts are accepted
* Towels, sheets, blankets – must be new (in packaging)
* Home decorations welcomed
Must be new and bagged
Brick, Stone, Cinderblock, Slate, Cultured Stone, Lawn-care Tools, Landscaping Fabric
* Bricks, stone, cinderblock, slate, cultured stone (all must be mortar free and unbroken) – must be palletized for pickup
* Lawn mowers, garden tillers, edgers, axes and shovels must be in good working order. Note: if recycling must be free of gas.
* Fencing and gates
* Landscaping fabric must be in at least 4’ long rolls
* Pots, planters, dirt, compost, vermiculite, peat moss, etc. are welcome
Lighting & Electrical
Lamps, Chandeliers, Breakers, Conduits, Connectors, Fuses, Junction Boxes etc.
* No ﬂuorescent bulbs or ﬁxtures and no track lighting
* Ceiling fans will be recycled unless new (in box)
* Tools (power and hand), must be in good working order and complete
* Ladders must be safe, fully functional, and sturdy
* Ceiling tiles (new, unopened boxes)
* Lumber and trim must be nail, screw and paint free. Minimum 4’ in length.
* Nails and screws are accepted, if separated & contained (by type & size) in containers or bags
Must be framed or beveled
Bathtubs, Sinks, Faucets, Toilets, Bathroom Accessories, Shower Inserts
* Toilets must be 1.6 gallons per ﬂush or less. Must be complete and assembled, unless new. Must be clean with wax ring fully removed.
* Toilet seats – only accept new
* Bathtubs must be standard size (30”x60”) – only accept new
* No jacuzzi tubs or jetted tubs
* Claw foot and cast iron tubs must be on a pallet in order for us to accept
Only new, unused bundles.
*No cement roof tiles
Sheet Goods (Plywood, OSB, etc.)
Must be in good condition.
* Minimum half sheets (4’x4’) – no pieces or weird, unusable sections
TV’s & Electronics
TV’s must be lightweight, flat screens, & functioning.
* Remotes, power cords and stands must be attached to them.
* All electronics must be clean and in good working order
* No exercise equipment; unless you are okay with us recycling it
* Windows must be vinyl, double pane and under 5’x5’ (25 sq ft) in size (with flanges attached)
* Windows must be clean and intact (inserts in frame, etc.)
* Shutters accepted, must be clean
* No Blinds
Some Items We Don’t Take
Mattresses & Box Springs
Exercise Equipment (unless recycling)
Hazardous Materials (Chemicals, Grout, Mortar, Caulk, etc.)
Paint & Stain
Basketball Hoops / Toys / Playsets (unless metal)
Last Updated: June 13, 2023