ReStore Donation Guidelines
Questions? Call the ReStore at 406-388-2851
Cooktops, Stoves, Ovens, Dishwashers, Dryers, Microwaves, Refrigerators, Washers
*Must be in full working order, clean and less than 10 years old**
Cabinets/Cabinet Door Faces/Cabinet Hardware
Must be complete and in working order. All doors, drawers, backs attached. No nails or screws sticking out
*We accept door knobs, pulls, drawer slides, drawer parts, hinges, shelf dividers, shelf brackets, etc.
* Functional exterior, interior, bifold, &screen doors accepted
* Screen doors must have all parts attached
* Removal of bifold hardware is a huge help to us as it reduced damage in transit. Complete & functioning hardware must be attached.
* Patio/sliding glass doors must be vinyl clad only
* No shower doors or mirrored closet doors
* Door knobs, hinges, pulls, etc. accepted (with no paint on them)
Rugs, Hardwood, Laminate, Vinyl, Granite, Marble are accepted
* Hardwood/Laminate (new, undamaged, unopened boxes, minimum 3 boxes)
* Rugs (gently used, no hair, no smells, no stains)
* Granite and Marble (full sheets, no cut outs)
** Due to space restraints, we can’t accept any tile or carpeting (including new, unused, used, or damaged) at this time **
Gently used, in good, resell-able condition (no rips, stains, outdated patterns, pet hair, pet damage, or in need of a cover)
* Outdoor furniture accepted (including wicker in good shape)
* Kitchen tables are accepted with and without chairs
* Desks can only be accepted if solid wood, one piece, household size (not larger than 4’ across). No oﬃce, L-shaped or particle board desks.
* No baby furniture
* No incomplete bedframes and no waterbed frames
* No pianos or organs
Heating and Cooling
AC, Furnaces, Hot Water Heaters, Water Softeners, & Fans are accepted
* Must be in good, working order
* Furnaces & AC units must be less than 10 years old
* Pots, pans, cookie sheets, cutting boards, silverware, dining sets, cooking bowls, measuring spoons & cups (complete sets please), etc are all welcome
* Small appliances must be in good working order and be clean (toasters, coffee pots, etc)
* Canning Equipment is welcome including canning jars. Canning lids must be new in boxes
* Throw pillows, Afghans, and Quilts are accepted
* Towels, sheets, blankets – must be new
* Home decorations welcomed
* Antiques – please call ahead to discuss (406-388-2851)
Must be new and bagged
Brick, Stone, Cinderblock, Slate, Cultured Stone, Lawn-care Tools, Landscaping Fabric
* Bricks, stone, cinderblock, slate, cultured stone (all must be mortar free, unbroken)
* Lawn mowers, garden tillers, edgers, axes and shovels must be in good working order
* Landscaping fabric must be in at least 4’ long rolls
* All pots, planters, dirt, compost, vermiculite, peat moss, etc. are welcome
Lighting & Electrical
Lamps, Chandeliers, Breakers, Conduits, Connectors, Fuses, Junction Boxes etc.
* No ﬂuorescent bulbs or ﬁxtures, & no track lighting.
* Tools (power and hand), must be in good working order
* Ladders must be safe, fully functional, and sturdy
* Ceiling tiles (new, unopened boxes)
* Lumber and trim must be nail and screw free. Minimum 4’ in length.
* Nails and screws are accepted, if separated & contained (by type & size) in containers or bags
Must be framed
Bathtubs, Sinks, Faucets, Toilets, Bathroom Accessories, Shower Pans
* Toilets must be 1.6 gallons per ﬂush or less. Must be complete and assembled. Must be clean with wax ring removed.
* No used toilet seats
* Bathtubs must be standard size (30”x60”)
* No jacuzzi tubs or jetted tubs
Only new, unused bundles.
*No cement roof tiles
Sheet Goods (Plywood, OSB, etc.)
Must be in good condition.
* Only full and half sheets are accepted (not pieces or weird/un-usable sections/pieces)
TV’s & Electronics
TV’s must be lightweight, flat screens, & functioning.
* Remotes, power cords and stands must be attached to them.
* No exercise equipment
* Blinds must be new with hardware attached
* Windows must be vinyl and double pane
* Windows must be clean and intact (inserts in frame, etc.)
Some Items We Can’t Take
* Basketball Hoops
* Hazardous Materials (Chemicals, Grout, Mortar)
* Mattresses & Box springs
* Outdated TVs & Electronics
* Paint, Stain etc.
* Unframed Glass or Mirrors